We’ve put a range of adjustments and measures in place to support our staff
Today we’re celebrating World Menopause Day which is observed every year to raise awareness about the impact the condition has on the lives of women around the world. Despite affecting about half of the population, menopause isn’t talked about as much as it should be.
For many women menopause can be a life changing and isolating experience, with symptoms such as sleeping problems, hot flushes, stress and anxiety, weight gain, low energy, and brain fog, all of which can be difficult to manage.
Here at Astra Security, we have a huge focus on health and wellbeing for our staff, and as part of this have raised awareness of menopause by investing and adopting a variety of adjustments and measures. These include the following:-
- We’ve incorporated support information into our Staff Handbook
- We’ve included adaptations including fans, opening windows and extra breaks for staff when they need them
- We’ve recently installed a new ECO Heating System providing effective air conditioning
- We regularly signpost to free webinars for staff to access
- All staff have access to the Employee Assistance Programme, which has a wealth of support information within it
Sarah Steer, Director of Finance, People and Compliance at Astra Security said, “ We continue to make big strides in raising awareness of menopause within the business. We are empowering, supporting, and educating all our staff to help provide a better understanding of the menopause transition and its impact, as well as protect their long-term health. We have a large proportion of our staff who are women and ensuring that there are a variety of support options available is incredibly important.”
This all forms part of the wider Health and Wellbeing Programme offered at Astra Security, who already have several initiatives in place including the Cyclescheme, Fruit Boxes, Flexible Working, and a commitment to support Mental Health.